We’re excited to introduce another new league format this season. We call them DFS Style Leagues since they are modeled after Daily Fantasy Sports leagues and contests. They are specially priced at just $49.95 for the 2020 season.
This new league format is ideal for the upcoming season because it eliminates potential issues that may come up if any NFL games have to be canceled or postponed.
- There is No Draft since rosters are not used.
- Instead, there is a $60,000 Salary Cap and each participant submits a lineup each week, using any players as long as they stay under the weekly salary cap.
- The Player Salaries are updated each week on Tuesday mornings.
- The lineups consist of 9 Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) and 1 Defense. There are no kickers used in this format.
- It is a Total Points format, so there is no Head-to-Head schedule.
- You can use whatever scoring rules you want.
You can check out more details and Create a new DFS Style League here. Or if you want to convert your existing league to a DFS Style League, then refer to this Support FAQ in our Help Center.
We also have an option for Start ‘Em Once type of Contest Leagues. These are similar in concept to DFS Style Leagues, except there is no Salary Cap. Instead, you select a starting lineup each week, but each NFL player can only be started one time throughout the season. So if you start Patrick Mahomes in Week 1 as your QB, then you can’t use Mahomes anymore in future weeks. This type of league is a little more flexible than DFS Style because you can choose any lineup configuration. It also requires a bit more strategy to make sure you have enough “stud” players left towards the end of the season.