Are you interested in running a free NFL playoff fantasy football league here on MyFantasyLeague.com? See below to learn more about how to run an NFL playoffs fantasy football league!Create a Free NFL Playoff League
- Like a regular season fantasy football league, the first step is to recruit a group of friends, co-workers, relatives, etc. – the more, the better! You can have up to 100 teams in your playoff league.
- Most post-season leagues are total points only leagues, and don’t have head-to-head matchups like a regular season, so you don’t have to worry about having an even number of teams.
- Like our regular season fantasy football leagues, you select your league scoring rules. To make it easy, you can choose one of our pre-packaged scoring rules, or you can create your own customized set of rules.
- Decide on your other league rules and league format. As always, MyFantasyLeague.com offers complete flexibility and a lot of options:
- Most post-season fantasy football leagues are “contest-style” lineups, where you don’t maintain a roster, but instead, you can start any player once, and only once, throughout the NFL playoffs. The winner of the league is simply the franchise with the most total points after the Super Bowl. So, there’s strategy in who you start and which week you start them. If you think the Chiefs will lose in the first week of the playoffs, you could start Mahomes in the first playoff week. But, if you think they’ll make it all the way to the Super Bowl, you could hold off, and not start him until later in the post-season.
- Another common format is to select or “draft” your roster before the start of the NFL playoffs, and keep the same players throughout. If/when an NFL team is eliminated, any players you have on that team will no longer score points for your fantasy team. So it pays to try to select the players that will play in the most games. Do you take a chance with players on the NFL wildcard teams because they have an extra game, or stick with the Superbowl favorites because they should be playing until the end?
- The most flexible style is the “free-for-all” roster format, where you and the rest of your league owners can select any player each week.
- Set up your league here on MyFantasyLeague.com. You can do that in one of two ways:
- If you were the commissioner of a regular season league with us, and you’d like to model your playoff league after that league, please see the detailed announcement on your “For Commissioners > Commissioner News” page for more details.
- If you’d like to start from scratch, feel free to set up a free NFL playoff league now!
- Enjoy the NFL post-season more than ever before!
As always, if you have any questions about your league once you’ve set it up, feel free to use the “Help > Help Center” page to submit a support question to us.