MyFantasyLeague.com is excited to offer a new league format for this season. We call them DFS Style Leagues because they are modeled after the Daily Fantasy Sports league contests that are offered on various sites.
The price for a DFS Style league is only $49.95 for the season!
Here is how the DFS Style Leagues work:
- There is No Draft at the beginning of the season, because there aren’t any seasonal rosters like a typical league (and therefore, no waivers or trades either).
- Instead, there is a Weekly Salary Cap of $60,000 that each fantasy franchise has to work with to form their weekly lineup.
- The lineups consist of 9 Starters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE) and 1 Defense.
- There are No Kickers.
- The Player Salaries are updated every week on Tuesday mornings.
- It is a Total Points league, so there is no Head-to-Head schedule.
- Up to 100 Franchises can participate in a league (there is no need for divisions or conferences).
- Use any scoring rules that you want.
This league format is ideal for the season because it eliminates various potential pandemic related issues that might otherwise cause problems, such as:
- Games canceled or postponed? Even if the NFL has to cancel or postpone some games, that is not a problem with this type of fantasy league. All franchises can just adjust their lineup for the week to avoid players in those NFL games.
- Players out because of COVID related issues? This is also not a problem. Franchises can adjust their lineup at the last minute to avoid players that are out.
- Unbalanced Fantasy Schedule? This format does not require a Weekly Head-to-Head Fantasy Schedule, so you don’t need to worry about making sure each team plays the correct number of fantasy games. And if the NFL season is cut short, you can still crown a total points winner, or just enjoy the weekly competition.
So think of these as “Pandemic Proof” leagues that you can organize in addition to, or instead of, your regular leagues this season. They are quick and easy to get started and you have until early September to get your owners psyched up and ready to play, since you don’t have to worry about organizing a draft before the season starts. Click on the red button below to get started!