Now that the 2016 season is almost in the books, we are excited to announce some of the key enhancements that are coming to MyFantasyLeague.com in 2017! We’ve spent the past year focusing mostly on the back-end architecture side of things, which paved the way for some front-end league changes in 2017 and beyond that should make our system easier to use for both commissioners and owners:
- User Interface: The most visible change in 2017 will be in the form of an updated menu system and completely redesigned skins and color schemes, which will result in a much cleaner look and layout for all of the league pages.
- Mobile Friendly: The entire site will feature a “responsive” design, which means league pages, home page tabs, and menu items will be much more accessible on any browser from your mobile devices (phones and tablets).
- Waivers (Player Transactions): The waiver system will be overhauled to make it easier to use and simpler to understand for commissioners and owners.
- Security: League pages will be accessible with the HTTPS protocol, and our Developer’s API will be updated to require Secure HTTPS access to comply with upcoming requirements from Apple, Chrome and others.
- MFL10s: Our popular MFL10s leagues will inherit all of the above enhancements, so the experience for those leagues will be improved as soon as they are opened up for the 2017 season. We also have some new formats planned as well. The target date for opening the MFL10s is mid-February, about a week after the Superbowl.
Keep in mind that these are just the highlights of the major changes and improvements we have planned for the new year. More info and details will be coming in February. Also be aware that implementing these changes will require a later launch date for our 2017 leagues. In the past, we’ve opened up the new season the day after the Superbowl. This year, it will likely be about a week after the Superbowl before our 2017 leagues are released.